Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chad Michael Ward Wicked tut....

WARNING!! This tut is not for the faint of heart. For one thing it is Gore Whore to the core ;) It is super heavy on filters and I am not sure how well it will read cause I jumped around a lot while I was making the tag. I will do my best to explain as clear as possible but if you have any questions just ask and I will try to explain better. That being said if you are offended by boobs and blood this is not the place for you. This may be the first really gory tag I have tried to tut but I tell you right now I do loves me some blood ^.^


Supplies I used:
Tube from Chad Michael Ward. He used to sell at MPT but I don't think he has resigned anywhere. You can find his art just to check out HERE. (If I may make a suggestion Freya Langford-Sidebottom has a cool Zombie at PSP Asylum that could work too. You can find her tubes HERE)

Template By Crazy Cakes Scraps Called Halloween Series Wicked Witch. Get it from her blog HERE

Horror Whorez Scrapkit By Gothic Inspirations HERE

Masks I have posted down where you will use them:
Broken Mask was made by my good friend Nita.
The other mask is just a random mash I made and never named properly. I used a tree mask that someone made years ago....Cut the trunk of the tree off and duplicated the branches till I had this.

Filters & Effects Used:
Eyecandy 4000 (Gradient Glow, Marble, Drip, HSB Noise)
PSP Effect: Pinch

Font used:
Tension

Ok Let's Get started. I am gonna go through all the template work then we will go back and actually make our tag.

Open your Template. First thing I did was delete the following layers:
Copyright
Word
Layers 1, 2, 5, & 6

Next I moved my words layer all the way to the edge of layer 4. Go to adjust, color balance, Negative image. This will turn your words black.
I moved layers 3 & 4 so they are closer to the middle of the tag. Move up slightly so your text does not cover your boxes.

Select layer 11. Add Eyecandy 4000 HSB Noise with these settings.
Now working from the bottom up

Select Layer 12. Selections, Select all, float, Defloat. New Raster layer. C/P paper 3 into selection. Deselect. Adjust, Sharpness, Sharpen. Add Gradient glow in bright red with the following settings (These are the settings you need til I tell you to change them.


 Delete layer 12.

Select layer 8. Selections, Select all, Float, Defloat. Add new raster layer. C/P Paper 5 Into selection. Deselect. Add Gradient Glow. Delete layer 8. Repeat these steps for layer 9.

Layer 7 may be a little tricky so I will do the best I can to explain. Use your selection tool set to a rectangle shape to select HALF of this layer. Apple Eyecandy 4000 Marble with the following settings.

Select none. On the other side of layer 7 C/P your tube as a new layer. Change properties to Screen. I set my opacity to 38% but this will very depending on your tube.
Select Layer 4. Selections, Select all, Float, Defloat. Add new raster layer. C/P paper 4 into selection. Deselect. Delete layer 4.

Select Layer 3. Selections, Select all, Float, Defloat. Add new raster layer. C/P paper 9 into selection. Deselect. Delete layer 3.
Ok time to get a bit more difficult. Select layer 7. Use your pen tool set to a width of 6. Foreground nil background a "bloody" color. Draw out a line that runs the length of the layer. Rename blood so it is easy to find during animation. Duplicate 3 times. Add eye candy 4000 Drip to each of your lines. Don't forget to click random seed on each line. If you don't hit random seed the animation won't work. Then again...It doesn't have to be animated :)

Select Raster 3. This should be your red paper layer but if not just select the red layer. C/P your tube. Mirror. Because of how my tube is cut I just lined it up in the corner of the paper but if you use a different tube just use your erased tool to clean up the edges that stick out. Dropshadow.
C/P Leaves. Resize by 50%. Duplicate 2 times for a total of 3. Use these along the top to cover up your pen line. This way you only see the blood. Move under your tube layer.

C/P Bloody Glass. Resize by 75%. Position at the bottom of your tube and paper layers.

C/P Bloody leaves. Resize by 50%. Position on the right corner of your tube layer so you can see the bloody glass underneath.

C/P Heart. Resize by 50% 2x. Position over your bloody leaves layer. Rename to heart so it is easier to find during the animation stage. On the middle layer only Use your lasso tool to select ONLY the heart portion of the element. Effects, Distortion Effects, Pinch. These are my settings...

C/P Needle element. Resize by 50%. I used my deform tool to position it so that the tip of the needle sits in the blood from your heart element.

C/P Splatter 3. Resize by 50%. Paste over the far left corner of your broken glass element. (Really you can skip this if you want but I say the bloodier the better mwahahahaha)

C/P Razor. Resize by 50%. Position over blood splatter (Or blood glass if you skipped the extra blood)

C/P Vials. Resize by 50% 2x. Position so the tops over just over the bloody glass.

C/P Drink. Resize by 50%. Position UNDER the edge of your razor layer. Duplicate and move slightly up and to the left.

Now the mask layers. Select your bottom layer.Add a new raster layer. Floodfill Blood red. Add the following mask from image...
Merge group. Add a black Gradient glow.

Select your bottom layer again. New Raster layer. Floodfill black. Add the same mask again. Merge group. Mirror. Add red Gradient glow.
Now ABOVE these mask layers add another raster layer. Floodfill bloodred. New mask layer from image with this mask...

Now select you bottom layer one more time and floodfill with the color of your choice. I used black since it is a gore tag ^.^
At this point I added my copyright and watermark. I am gonna take you through the quick animation steps but you can always skip those and follow the steps at the bottom for you font if you choose.

Close the following layers.
Heart 2 & 3
Blood 2 &3

Copy Merged. Paste into Animation shop.

Now close layers heart and blood 1. Open layers heart 2 and blood 2.

Copy Merged. Paste into Animation shop.

Now close layers heart and blood 2. Open layers heart 3 and blood 3.

Copy Merged. Paste into Animation shop.
Now click on your first frame. Edit, Select all.
Animation, Frame properties, Set to 50. You can always set it lower but I liked how this looked. If you want to save this as a blank do so now.

Back in PSP let's do our name. Type out your name in you blood red color using your font of choice. Your setting my vary depending on your font but this is what I did to achieve mine. Effects, 3d effects, Inner Bevel with these settings...
Eyecandy 4000 Gradient glow. Be sure to change your red to a bright red so it will stand out. Same settings as before but change the second tab

Add Dropshadow of choice.

Copy JUST your name layer.

Paste in animation shop as a new animation. Go to edit and make sure Propagate paste it checked. Now just drag your name to your tag and save. I really hope you achieved the result you thought you would. Like I said any questions just let me know and I will do the best I can to help :)
Here is the unanimated version...

I really hope you enjoyed this tut. Hopefully I explained it well. Thanks so much for trying :)


1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I wanted to attempt the tutorial but it appears the template you used is no longer available, is there anyway you can include it as a download along with the masks as tut supply?

    ReplyDelete